TOD Database: One Stop Shop for Station Area Data
Please join us on Sept. 20, 2011, from 2:00-3:30pm EDT for the Center for Transit-Oriented Development webinar "TOD Database: One Stop Shop for Station Area Data." This webinar session is sponsored by The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and is valuable to planners, practitioners, housing advocates, MPOs, local, state and federal DOT's, transit agencies, sustainable communities grantees, advocates, as well as elected officials and other decision makers.
- Linda Young, Research Director at the Center for Neighborhood Technology and CTOD
- Peter Haas, Chief Research Scientist at the Center for Neighborhood Technology and CTOD
- Sofia Becker, Research Assistant at the Center for Neighborhood Technology and CTOD
- Jeff Price, Community Planner, Office of Systems Planning, Federal Transit Administration
- Craig Sklenar, Planner in the Community & Economic Development Department at the City of Evanston, IL
This webinar focuses on introducing users to the functionality and potential applications of the TOD Database, a map-based website that provides comprehensive information on 4,610 transit stations across the country. The TOD Database is a first-of-its-kind tool for planners, developers, academics and government officials. It is designed to help stakeholders understand and take advantage of development opportunities around transit nodes. Participants in the webinar will receive detailed instructions for accessing and downloading the data, assembling custom reports, and comparing station areas and regions. CTOD staff and practitioners will give an overview of how the TOD Database has been utilized in various contexts.