Webinar on Understanding Mixed-Income Transit-Oriented Development
Please join us Tuesday June 21st at 2:00pm EST for the Center For Transit-Oriented Development webinar “Understanding Mixed-Income Transit-Oriented Development”. This webinar session is sponsored by The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and is open to planners, practitioners, housing advocates, MPOs, local, state and federal DOT’s, transit agencies, sustainable communities grantees, advocates, as well as elected officials and other decision makers.
- Abby Thorne-Lyman, Project Director at Reconnecting America and CTOD
- Melinda Pollack, Vice President of Solutions at Enterprise Community Partners, Denver Region
- Helmi Hisserich, Assistant General Manager at the City of Los Angeles Housing Department
Mixed-income transit-oriented development provides an opportunity for people of all incomes to live in neighborhoods with greater access to a wider variety of jobs, community resources, and truly affordable housing. This webinar focuses on introducing participants to the benefits, strategies, and challenges of mixed-income TOD and will introduce a useful tool, the “Mixed-Income TOD Action Guide,” which helps communities develop strategies to implement mixed-income TOD.
- FTA Introductions and Remarks – Sharon Pugh, Senior Policy Analyst, FTA
- Abby Thorne-Lyman – The Concept of Mixed-Income TOD: An Introduction
- Melinda Pollack – Denver Initiatives around Mixed-Income TOD
- Helmi Hisserich – Linking Affordable Housing and Transit in Los Angeles
- Discussion and Q&A
- Closing Remarks
This webinar was sponsored by the Federal Transit Administration and facilitated by the Center for Transit-Oriented Development. The Center for TOD is a partnership of Reconnecting America, the Center for Neighborhood Technology, and Strategic Economics. For more information go to CTOD’s website.
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now:
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Kelley Britt or 202.429.6990 ext 208.